Level III Infrared Thermography Course A Certified Infrared Thermographer Leve III Application Course
Level III Certified Infrared Thermographer® is a three-day course focused on best practices for infrared inspections and associated activities. This course contains information vital to the long term success of an infrared inspection program.
This course covers advanced topics related to developing, implementing, and managing a successful infrared inspection program. Topics include: latest applications, hardware and software, current industry standards and specifications, OSHA and NFPA safety standards, marketing and promoting an infrared inspection program, thermography as legal documentation, heat transfer analysis software, current industry certification criteria, and how to develop and implement standards-compliant written practices and procedures.
Students are encouraged to bring their own imager for individualized training or to learn how to use it more effectively.
Course tuition includes all course presentations, Student Reference Manual, and Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer® exam. Certification card and diploma issued with passing grade of 80%.
Course is approved by the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors for 21 hours of continuing education and meets the training requirements for their Infrared Certified professional designation and logo.
Course completion and passing grade on certification exam qualify for 20 points toward initial membership in the Infraspection Institute Master Thermographer® program.
1. Ensure a Successful Infrared Inspection Program
- Define a successful program and identify program obstacles
- Understand the requirements of OSHA, NFPA, and other regulatory agencies
- Identify and specify safe practices for performing IR inspections
- Eliminate recurring problems through application of Root Cause Failure Analysis
2. Explore Latest Technology
- Discover newest applications for infrared thermography
- Discuss features and benefits of new test equipment
- Utilize state-of-the-art software for data management & report generation
- Identify industry trends and business opportunities
3. Understand Industry Standards & Specifications
- Review current standards and specifications
- ASTM, ANSI, ASNT, Infraspection Institute, ISO, NETA, NFPA
- Examine current NDT certification programs
- Identify certification criteria
- Develop a written practice for thermographer certification using ASNT standards
4. Marketing and Promoting an Infrared Inspection Program
- Enlist principles of marketing to identify, position and price IR services
- Analyze best practices for effective promotion
- Discuss key elements for an effective website
- Explore e-commerce opportunities to increase revenue
5. Thermography and the Law
- Review importance of thermography as legal evidence
- Examine role of the thermographer as an expert witness
- Identify appropriate report content
- Learn cardinal rules for delivering testimony
6. Applying Tools to Ensure Program Longevity
- Learn five methodologies for calculating program payback or ROI
- Understand how to integrate thermography into a Quality Management System
- Discover how to effectively identify and solve problems
- Identify software that can slash report writing time up to 80%
7. Integrating PdM Technologies
- Discuss role of thermography as a PdM technology
- Identify complementary PdM technologies
- Learn necessary steps to effectively implement a PdM program
- Ensure program longevity through proper planning and management