A 3-day training on Process Hazard Analysis (PrHA) Methods that identifies the hazards of a process and the hazardous situations they may produce. Possible causes, consequences, and recommendations for protective measures are address. A criticality ranking may be assigned and used to prioritize protective measures
Typically, PrHA is used to evaluate and prioritize hazards early in life of a process as a precursor to more detailed hazard analysis studies. Generally, it is applied during design details or operating procedures. Commonly, it is used as a design review tool before a P&ID is developed. It is useful in making site selection decisions and in analyzing large facilities when circumstances prevent other techniques from being used.
Key Learning Objectives
After the training session, students are expected to:
- Explain the key principles and methodologies associated with executing a Hazard and Operability (HAZOP)study.
- Conduct the needed preparations for the HAZOP workshop as planning and preparations are key to success
- Lead Process Hazard Analysis in order to ensure designs of its processes are safe, operable, and minimize the potential of releases to the environment.
- Learn how to prepare, execute, and report on the following types of PrHA: HAZOP studies for continuous processes and What-If studies.
- Basic Concepts of Risk and Safety
- Industrial Incidents and Lessons Learnt
- Regulatory Developments to Control Risk
- Hazards and Structured Process Hazards Analysis Tools
- Preliminary Hazards Analysis (PrHA)
- Types of HAZOP
- Failure Mode of Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- PrHA Case Study Workshop
- Team Leadership of PrHA
- Objectives of PrHA
- Role of a PrHA Leader
- Setting up a PrHA Study
- Sizing of Nodes
- Estimation of Time
- Optimization of PrHAs
- Managing & Justifying Recommendations
- PrHA Revalidation
- Exercise – Deciding and Creating Nodes for Example P&ID
- PrHA Facilitation
- Active Listening Skills
- Questioning Techniques
- Group Dynamics – How to Handle Difficult Behavior
- Introduction to PHA-Pro Software
- Group PrHA Workshop using PHA-Pro with rotating team leader